Seeking a position as a Game or Software Engineer while further advancing my skills as a programmer.
Amplify Education Inc. August 2017 – Present
Created a collection of minigames designed to provide students with the opportunity to practice and build proficiency in early literacy skills. Built with React and React Native to be cross platform for browsers on desktop, chromebook, iPad and built natively for Android and iOS.
- Worked with a large team of developers & designers to build a platform of games to improve early literacy skills
- Built a collection of games in Unity and React / React Native that communicated progress to one another.
- Converted and set up a framework to share React and React Native code bases using React Native Web.
- Optimized assets and code base so web games ran smoothly on slow internet connections.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory January 2015 – August 2017
Mobile Applications Developer
Working in the humanitarian assistance and disaster relief group to develop technology to aid first responders during tragic incidents.
- Built and published NICS and DCDS mobile apps on the Android and iOS app stores.
- Programmer on an Android and iOS app that works in conjunction with it’s web version.
- Participated in live exercises with user group to train and collect feedback on application.
- App was designed to work heavily with the webs REST API and JSON data.
- Extensive geo location integration Google Maps on Android and iOS.
- Built Sony Smarteyeglass support with a visual rendering engine.
- Mobile integration of DJI Drone SDK.
- Built mobile components for a multi system live game.
Hitpoint Studios November 2013 – April 2014
Completed a variety of gameplay scripting tasks for The Little Mermaid: Undersea Treasures using Hitpoint’s C# engine.
- Setup scenes and placed objects based off of designer’s specifications.
- Scripted story event sequences.
- Worked with designers and artists to build puzzle based mini-games.
MassDigi Summer Innovation Program May 2013 – August 2013
Lead Level Designer / Lead Quality Assurance
The MassDigi Summer Innovation Program brings together student teams from many different schools to develop a game from the ground up in a full time studio environment within 11 weeks.
- Worked on a five person team to build and publish an original game called Wobbles using Unity.
- Responsible for the creation of the sixty puzzle based levels that shipped with the game.
- Managed QA testing sessions while analyzing and documenting testers feedback.
- Iterate on our core design based on user testing and analytics.
- (2017)Released AQUA pilot program publicly for schools around the country.
- (2016)Released NICS and DCDS mobile app on the App Store and Google Play.
- (2013)Released Wobbles on iOS and Android with 21,000 unique users.
- Won best student entertainment game at the 2013 & 2015 MassDiGI Game Challenge.
- Organized and moderated 2016 BattleDecks: Improv Game Pitch panel to an audience of 250+ people.
- MIT LL Project was selected and featured on laboratory’s web site.
- Received my Bachelors degree in Game Development and Programming at Becker College with a 3.7 GPA.
- Graduated from Ocean County College with an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Graduated top ten percent as Cum Laude and was accepted into the Alpha Chi Honors Society.
- Received the Program Award for my degree field of my graduating class.